Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Accuracy issue

I’ve had a suspicion my Versa 4 was under recording distance for a while. I’m training for a 26mile walk for charity and today completed the longest training walk so far. Due to my concerns I got 3 others to track using their Fitbit, and Apple Watches. We walked 18 miles! My Versa 4 recorded…12!!!!! Absolutely awful for a device supposedly designed to record distance. What is wrong with it? Is this just a known fault? I’ve been a Fitbit customer for years but am now considering other options 😞 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I should have added it is recording steps, they came in at over 30K, but not accurate with the distance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeanderD There is a glitch with distance currently being investigated. The workaround for this is to enter your stride length manually. 

1. From the Today tab, tap Exercise days.
  2. Tap the three dots "..." in the upper right hand corner, then tap Activity Settings, scroll down to Stride Length.
  3. Adjust your stride length.

If you're on iOS, you might have to scroll down far enough to see the Stride Length option. Android settings might look a little different. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I wear my Versa 4 and Apple Watch 9 and they both record the same distance, average heart rate, etc.  There are minor differences in calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this may be a stupid question but how do I know what my stride length is?! 🙈 also, will that adjust the distance walked today already or only distance going forward? Thanks ☺️ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just tried this using various stride lengths and the maximum it changes to is 1.5 miles more taking it from 12 to 13.57. I walked 18 miles so this is still completely wrong 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, I have never adjusted my stride length.  Where do you do that ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeanderD From this Help Article, here is how Fitbit says to measure your stride length:

How do I measure my stride length? 

1. Go to a place where you're sure of the distance, such as a track.
  2. Count your steps as you walk or run, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the distance traveled (in yards or meters) by the number of steps you took to determine your stride length. If needed, convert your stride length into inches or centimeters.

I wonder if your Versa 4 just had a bad connection to the GPS signal. Mine will be slightly off (never that many miles though) if the connection isn't great. There is an update for the Versa 4 that is supposed to improve the GPS capabilities. What version is your Versa 4 on? The newest version is 210.26. You can find this by tapping on your Versa 4 icon in the app.

IMG_6278.jpeg

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it was a one off I’d accept it might have been a bad connection but it’s happening every time and I had another Fitbit and two Apple wearers with me on same provider so it just doesn’t make sense. So frustrated, when training for something you need something reliable, I’m looking into alternatives as it just feels like Fitbit can’t deliver 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes