[sds-e-news] SDS E-Alert: ECHO Series on COVID Science for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, their Families and their Support Teams

Office-JNU-HSS-SDS E-News (HSS sponsored) SDS-E-News at alaska.gov
Tue Jan 5 10:18:04 AKST 2021

[cid:image001.png at 01D6E34C.0CB70930]

January 5, 2021

SDS E-Alert:  ECHO Series on COVID Science for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, their Families and their Support Teams

 The University of Alaska – Anchorage, Center for Human Development (CHD) is offering a new ECHO series, titled “COVID Science for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, their Families and their Support Teams.”

 This series will be offered from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm for four consecutive weeks in January, 2021:

  *   1/6  -- Review of COVID and People with Developmental Disabilities - Presented by Dr. Anne Zink and company
  *   1/13  -- COVID-19 Vaccine Taskforce - Presented by the AK Vaccine Taskforce
  *   1/20  -- Safety and COVID – HUB Team
  *   1/27  -- Access to Services and Supports -HUB team

 Participating experts represent an interdisciplinary team of self-advocates, family members, professionals, and medical experts, for a holistic learning experience.

 The aim of this series is to discuss science-based information on how COVID 19 affects people with I/DD and how to manage important health choices.

 Registration is open to Individuals with I/DD, family members, guardians, and Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) that work directly with individuals with I/DD.

Register here: https://echo.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqde-rpjItH9yxyZ9mjCDFMRrUJaVVBi8t

[https://echo.zoom.us/w_p/97726389758/88cbd137-575f-474a-b4c8-24f6a6aca2eb.png]<https://echo.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqde-rpjItH9yxyZ9mjCDFMRrUJaVVBi8t>