Original topic:

Widevine L1 downgraded to L3

(Topic created on: 07-05-2024 09:42 PM)
Subhro99
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I am using Galaxy S23FE, from the day1 I am noticing that my device's security level is constantly downgrading to L3 from L1.
After a re-start it's fixed, but again after a week it's downgrading to L3.
Come on samsung it's 2024. Still you can't fix this small issue from 2019?

Any suggestions community? Really appreciated.
5 Comments
manjitgill
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The most prevalent issue with Samsung's flagship phones is well-known.

I'm using the S23 Ultra.

Samsung is disregarding it.

Solution: To verify Widevine Certification, navigate to Settings > Security and Privacy > Updates, check for a Google Play system update, install it, restart your phone, and then check.
0 Likes
Subhro99
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Honestly, I just restarted and it's again back to l1. But why this is happening in the first place.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you kindly share the log file. This will help us to investigate further and resolve this issue.

Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Subhro99
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi, I have submitted the log report with a screenshot of it. Requesting you to check it.
0 Likes
Shady02
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Facing same issue on my s23 ultra, don't know why samsung give this kind of a service to there flagship phone users...need to think 1000 times in future to buy any samsung products
0 Likes