Error? Adding item to shopping cart without SAVE keeps item in cart until app "Sync"

I am testing what happens when updating an existing order. Therefore I click on the order and get to my โ€œOrder Detail Viewโ€. This view has an EDIT button (Prominence = DISPLAY OVERLAY) and a nested table of the items in the shopping cart.

Test:

From โ€œOrder Detailsโ€ view
click EDIT > view switches to the โ€œOrder Formโ€
click NEW (under the nested table) > new interface where I select a new product and quantity (but view name hasnโ€™t changedโ€ฆI am basically just adding a new child record)
click SAVE > returns to โ€œOrder Formโ€ interface where I was before adding the new item. The new item is now also in the nested table.

Now from โ€œOrder Formโ€ I click CANCEL instead of SAVE
Pop-up โ€œdiscard warningโ€ appears โ€œDo you really want to discard? Your changes will be lost.โ€
I click โ€œDISCARDโ€ and my view changes back to โ€œOrder Detailsโ€

PROBLEM 1:
The added item is still in the nested table. Even if I go back to โ€œMy ordersโ€ view and then return to this orderโ€™s โ€œOrder Detailsโ€, itโ€™s still there.

The item was never saved in the Order Details view. But I have to โ€œSyncโ€ in order for the item to disappear in the nested table.

This is confusing for users. How can I avoid this?

PROBLEM 2:
I found the above mentioned issue when initially adding a Changetimestamp and Changecounter column in order to be made aware of changes to existing orders. I now realized that changes are NOT registered/counted through the changetimestamp/counter columns in the โ€œOrderโ€ data table, UNLESS the user clicks SAVE on the Order Detail view. (They are counted in the โ€œOrder detailโ€ data table)

That means, any changes made in the โ€œnested tableโ€ by clicking on an item there or using any of the system generated โ€œbehaviour/actionsโ€ are not recognized by the changetimestamp/counter in the โ€œOrderโ€ data table.

It basically seems that edit made to items in โ€œOrdersโ€ bypass these functions when not using the โ€œofficalโ€ EDIT buttons that require a click on SAVE.

What am I doing wrong? How can I successfully track updates to orders with changetimestamp/counter functions regardless of how orders are updated?

Thank you for your advise!

0 1 184
1 REPLY 1

I think I found the answer here. Seems to be an old problem that is awaiting some enhancements to be made by Appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space