Quick Sync feature error

I recently started using the quick sync feature, which is a great addition.  On random occasions while editing a row, certain columns will get filled with the date 01/01/1890.  Even thought the column type is set to number.  Some of the columns are not even visible to the user and then gives them an error with invalid entries in the column.

Not sure how to fix this, I tried regenerating the structure and checking all auto computes / initial values.

Thanks

Kyle

0 7 181
7 REPLIES 7

This sounds like a default value set in the sheet for Date columns in a sheet.   If you are using a sheet as a datasource, make sure the sheet columns are defined as Plain Text or, if you wish to set a data type in the sheet, that the column data type is compatible with the AppSheet table column.

That is also what I thought could be happening.  I am using a SQL database.  The columns affected are set to VARCHAR(60) and INT.  As soon as I turn off quick sync, the issue stops happening.  Really puzzling me...

I think I narrowed it down to only occurring when I am using a slice with row filters.  Not sure why this would affect it, but it seems to be the determining factor.

@preethamm 

This is possible glitch with MySQL/QuickSync.ใ€€Any chance to dig into ?

@tcpallet This does seem like a bug with Quick Sync and slices. For slices, we need to get the missing values from the underlying database. So it is likely some varchar to int conversion is going bad. Could you please create a support ticket and mention this thread so that it does not get lost?

Please provide these details with your support ticket as well.
- What type of database is this? MySql?
- What type of values are being stored in this column? Ideally if there is a particular stored value that caused this. We will not have access to your database and this would simplify debugging for us.
- Does the database have any default value being set?
- Is there any functionality in the app that might be evaluating this varchar(text) as date? 

@Igor PTAL

@preethamm 

Thank you for working on it! Hope you can release a fix quickly.

Thanks, I submitted a ticket.

Top Labels in this Space