GKE Backup - PVC does not have an associated VolumeRestore

Hi,

I've created a backup plan for ns backuptest, persistent volume data option was enabled in the plan, so they are backed up. I used "Selected namespaces within this cluster"  functinality.

Restore plan:

I choosed "Selected namespaced resources" then typed backuptest, for conflict handling I choosed "Rollback (destructive)". I've got multiple PVCs in this ns.

For last option I choosed "Provision new volumes and restore volume data from backup"

Everything else is default.

Created a backup with "Start a backup", everything was green. Then I created a restore with the restore plan, everything is green on GKE's interface, but on the PVC's I am seeing these error messages:

• PVC does not have an associated VolumeRestore
  • waiting for a volume to be created, either by external provisioner "pd.gkebackup.gke.io" or manually created by system administrator

Due to these messages the PVCs are in pending state and my application is not able to start.

Cluster version: 1.27.11-gke.1062001 

SC: standard-retain-pv

Unfortunately I was not able to find anything on the internet. Maybe it is some edge case, the GKE Backup itself seems straightforward, I don't see why it is not working for me.

Thanks,
Aron

Solutinon

I have to manually delete the PV(s) due to my SC. After that, everything is okay.

0 2 244
2 REPLIES 2

I found my issue. Maybe it's an edge-case, because of my SC. I must manually delete the existing PVs then it starts working. 

I found the solution.

I have to manually remove the PV(s) due to the SC, then everything will be okay.

Top Labels in this Space