Visibility / Roadmap on Cillium supported APIs in GKE Dataplane v2

Hello,

We have a GKE cluster with Dataplane v2. We are interested in the Cillium ecosystem and features. So far, we are disappointed to see that:

We are a bit in the dark about all of that. Is there a page somewhere listing what Cillium features are supported or not, and which ones are on the roadmap? 

Thanks

2 4 1,757
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AlexGda 

Sorry to see you are disappointed.  I know things with Dataplane v2 (DPv2) can be confusing.  While DPv2 is based on Cilium, it is not simply just a managed version of Cilium, and as such many Cilium features beyond the Kubernetes Network Policy spec are not officially supported.

There are several feature requests for Cilium features you find here.  It would be helpful if you could add any additional requests as well as add any additional info to the existing requests.

We do have several features in development ( for example full Hubble support) which will be rolling out in the first half of this year.
We'd love to hear more about what you are looking for and are happy to chat.  Feel free to reach out directly (my email is in my profile) or we can continue this thread.

So I have no idea how old this issue is since "Reply posted Thursday" so I really hope that this is for 2023.

How do you get access to view the roadmap? I don't have a account to login to the link that you provided.

I also saw 

• Starting in GKE version 1.21.5-gke.1300, GKE Dataplane V2 does not support CiliumNetworkPolicy or CiliumClusterwideNetworkPolicy CRD APIs.

Other then hubble, CiliumNetworkPolicy is one of the features I want most from cilium.
This due to dns based networkpolicys, it kind of solves how to setup a decent networkpolicy for external URLs.

I really hope it will be supported soon.

I updated the link ... sorry ... internally it redirects to the link I posted.
TL;DR - Hubble support and the equivalent of CiliumNetworkPolicy are both on the roadmap for this year.

We have multiple GDCv clusters (standalone edge profile) with Dataplane v2. We are interested in the Cillium ecosystem and features mainly ciliumclusterwidenetworkpolicy and CiliumNetworkPolicy.

Please let me know how to enable them in GDCv clusters

Top Labels in this Space