Compute Engine payment happening without usage

Hello there, 

we used compute engine for a while and now deleted all instances. 
My question is why I still have to pay 0.24 USD der day for this service even though I don't use it? 

Is there any hidden application I cant find? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 4 145
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

It could be there are other resources which are still actively running. Can you check in 'Cloud Asset Inventory' and see if any left over resources still in use?

In search bar type 'Asset Inventory' and see the overall resources.

Check if you're not using any storage which could be previously associated with the VMs.

Hello,

It's possible that there are additional resources or services associated with the Compute Engine instances you previously used, even though you have deleted the instances themselves. This could be contributing to the charges you are seeing. I recommend checking your Google Cloud Platform account for any lingering services or resources that might still be active and incurring costs. Additionally, reviewing your billing details or reaching out to Google Cloud Platform support for further assistance may help clarify the situation.

Best regards.

Hi Nolyzlel,

I agree with @rafiulla and @HellloWorld responses. As mentioned by Rafiulla about Cloud Asset Inventory, this feature allows you to:

• Search asset metadata by using a custom query language.
  • Export all asset metadata at a certain timestamp or export event change history during a specific timeframe.
  • Monitor asset changes by subscribing to real-time notifications.
  • Analyze IAM policy to find out who has access to what.

In addition to HellloWorld’s answer about billing, you can view or check the recurring costs under the reports feature in Billing. The Reports page displays a chart that plots usage costs for a Cloud Billing account, including costs in all projects linked to the billing account. You can use Filters to refine the data that is generated to your report.

I hope the above information is helpful.