Adding an existing gmail to the organization

We are trying to migrate files from an old gmail account to our workspace organization drive, to do this I was trying to add the user (an existing gmail account) to the organization but it will only allow me emails of the same domain, 

can you help me figure this out please?

Thanks.

1 6 6,567
6 REPLIES 6

@techsupportww if you are looking to migrate the drive data you can .

1)use google takeout,download your drive data and upload it into the new account.

2) share the data from gmail account to google workspace account using share option

3)download files from drive itself and upload it into  google workspace account.

4) use any third party connectors/applications to migrate the data.

I seem to recall that @cryptochrome has mentioned a way of doing this without needing to download and re-upload. Something about "If you're willing to give up the @gmail.com address for that account, there's a way to invite it in..." but I don't remember the details.

@icrew I thought the idea came from you!

Google provides an article on it:

• Removing Gmail from consumer accounts
    This document describes how you can remove Gmail from an existing consumer account to enable the user account to be migrated to Cloud Identity or Google Workspace.

@StephenHind should give it a try๐Ÿ‘

@ajojose33333344 I don't need to as I'm not having the issue, but I have transferred many a conflict account before.

V4M
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

why don't google make these things easy rather than shrouding them to build products and confine users to silos?

many people start a business with a [email protected] account and then you upgrade to paid workspaces and it's made difficult - downloading from a GOOGLE drive to upload to GOOGLE DRIVE is beyond ridiculous

I've just created my new workspaces ID and login today with a specific domain etc but I can't change my profile picture from the generic initial because:

"Your profile picture is managed by your organization"

But I am the organisation...there's nobody else and I just created it!

#uxfail

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors