Advanced Mobile Device Management

Can you enable Advanced Mobile Device Management by group as opposed to OU? I thought that I had read somewhere that this was an available feature based on license type, but I can't seem to find this in Google's documentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 7 736
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, 

We currently only support OUs but we are working on group support for advanced MDM. It is on our roadmap. 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have another question along the same lines. As I understand it Advanced Mobile Device Management is a user-based setting, correct? Does that still apply if all the devices that I want to enable Advanced Management on are company owned?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi, yes it is currently user based setting (we are also working on device group support for settings). On company owned devices, users login to the device and we then send the policies that are assigned to user's OU. on Android, these devices are configured in fully managed mode and user adds their work account during the initial setup of the phone. Once the setup completes, the device gets the policies assigned to user's OU. on iOS, we provide DEP (ABM) support and similarly when the user creates a profile with their work account, the device will be configured with the policies.

Is there a date for this on the roadmap?

Hi, are there any updates on this?

I wanted to bump this to see if there was any news.

Thanks

Any news?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors