Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is soon to be back with its annual summertime Prime Day event, lasting for just two days from July 16-17. As it does every year, Prime Day offers shoppers a huge selection of deals across Amazon's storefront, and there are already many deals you can get on sale ahead of the event.

primeday2020_feature3.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

For our coverage, we're focusing entirely on early discounts for Apple and Apple-related products that can be purchased right now on Amazon. As of today, this includes deals on AirPods, Apple Watch, iPad, MacBook Air, and more. We're also sharing deals being matched at retailers like Best Buy in some cases.

As is typical for Prime Day deals, these markdowns are very time sensitive, so sales listed below may disappear fast, and new ones may appear even faster. With this in mind, we'll keep this article updated over the next few days, and keep an eye on the MacRumors front page as we'll be posting particularly great deals in separate articles next week.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Amazon Prime Day requires you to have an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of the discounts. Amazon Prime costs $14.99 per month or $139.00 per year, and it comes with a 30-day free trial for new subscribers.

Apple Watch

prime-day-series-9.jpg

Series 9

You can get up to $100 off most Apple Watch Series 9 models right now on Amazon, starting at $299.00 for the 41mm GPS watches. We've rounded up all of the deals below, focusing on the aluminum devices, but you can also find $100 discounts on a few stainless steel models as well.

SE

Apple's 40mm GPS Apple Watch SE is available for $189.00 today on Amazon, down from $249.00. This is just $10 higher compared to the all-time low price on the wearable. This deal is available in all three aluminum color options, and only Amazon has the discount.

You can also get the 44mm GPS Apple Watch SE on sale right now, available for $219.00 on Amazon, down from $279.00. This is another near all-time low price that's just $10 away from the lowest price on the Apple Watch SE, and it's only available in Starlight.

M2 iPad Pro

m2-ipad-pro-prime-day.jpg

Over at Best Buy, today you can find some of the biggest discounts on the M2 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro that we've seen in months, including both Wi-Fi and cellular tablets. A My Best Buy Plus/Total membership is not required to see these discounts.

With such steep savings, these previous generation iPad Pros are worth looking into purchasing for anyone who wants to prioritize saving money over owning the newest M4 iPad Pro. There are some major differences between the two generations, like the M4's support for Apple Pencil Pro and a new nano-texture display option, so be sure to read about which one works best for you in our Buyer's Guide.

11-Inch

Wi-Fi
Cellular
12.9-Inch

Wi-Fi
Cellular

M4 iPad Pro
... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: The Best Early Prime Day Deals on Apple Products

Last edited:

nebraskatate

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2024
Sign me up!!! ... for the not attending party. Anybody care to chime in on the monopoly of Amazon?

trip1ex

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2008
Everyone needs a meeting to talk about the meeting before the meeting to plan the meeting. And so it is with sales.

Reactions: imola.zhp

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
This is a tip for anyone who shops on amazon in general. Get yourself a price history tool. You'll find you dont always get the best deals when things go "on sale"
Absolutely this. I have been using 3camels for years and it is so revealling. These days though lots of 3rd party sellers get around them by adding vouchers at "full price", then reducing the main price but dropping the voucher...

artifex

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Absolutely this. I have been using 3camels for years and it is so revealling. These days though lots of 3rd party sellers get around them by adding vouchers at "full price", then reducing the main price but dropping the voucher...
There was some other weird issue with 3rd party sales, too, at least in the past. I used to have them track specific products by a computer part manufacturer. That company has their own storefront on Amazon, and often put their things on sale, but I wouldn't get an alert until other people (scalpers?) marked their higher prices down when the sale was over. So I cancelled the alerts and just started checking every few days when I actually had the budget to spend. (This was probably a good thing, actually.)

edit: oh yeah, I forgot what I came in here to mention. For the last couple weeks at least, Amazon hasn't been showing any Apple TVs for sale directly from the Apple storefront, or sold by/shipped by Amazon. Something's going on with that product; maybe a big sale during the actual Prime Days, or hopefully a new version, soon? It's weird, because some people are trying to resell older ones for more than the retail cost of new ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarpalMac

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Sign me up!!! ... for the not attending party. Anybody care to chime in on the monopoly of Amazon?
Monopoly? There is competition… maybe Amazon has what could be said to be approaching monopoly powers… but it’s because it’s been so successful.

But most people these days appreciate the value of Amazon. No other company can provide you such good deals. For better or worse they have loads of satisfied customers. Yes it’s a pity it affects physical stores etc… but that’s people’s choices. If more people went out to physical stores and bought there… then those places would survive.

You cannot blame Amazon for its success.

Nekronos

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2024
Lol, Apple is much higher in the running for having a monopoly. Name another manufacturer that makes devices running iOS, macOS, iPadOS, watchOS, etc, if you want a companion device that works well with an Apple device, your choices are only Apple.

• Disagree
Reactions: nebraskatate

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Purchased the 10th Gen iPad through this post and it’ll be delivered today. Hopefully the price doesn’t drop again tomorrow during the actual Prime Days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.