Home Forums Television Extremely Early 2025 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Extremely Early 2025 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 503 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Victor
kat_ebbs
wolfali
    Topics:

imagine if bridgerton debuted a bit earlier and its top rated episode to-date got Andrew Ahn a best directing nom. alas.

Topics:

Does anyone know the rest of the TCA schedule?

Topics:

Perhaps Anna Sawai being in Pachinko again will raise its profile, she is set to return and has a fairly high social media following at this point (600k+ and growing) and I bet she will post about it at some point

Topics:

Peacock but

https://theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/jul/13/those-about-to-die-roman-epic-anthony-hopkins-prime-video

FYC:
    - Elizabeth Debicki ("The Crown")
    - Hacks in all categories
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

Topics:

Watched the first two episodes of Apple’s Sunny (it’s great) but wow at the pre-release press calling this a comedy (even dark-comedy). It would be like calling Black Mirror or Expats a comedy.

Topics:

Peacock but

https://theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/jul/13/those-about-to-die-roman-epic-anthony-hopkins-prime-video

Kinda curious about this one, i wonder if Prime will air it here in Brazil too.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

Topics:

Watched the first two episodes of Apple’s Sunny (it’s great) but wow at the pre-release press calling this a comedy (even dark-comedy). It would be like calling Black Mirror or Expats a comedy.

I watched the pilot last night when I was really just in the mood for a comedy comedy and totally agree. It irritated me because it’s false advertising.

Topics:

Kinda curious about this one, i wonder if Prime will air it here in Brazil too.

It’s interesting that so many places picked it up. That’s not common with Peacock stuff.

Topics:

Elsbeth season 2 premieres October 19. Carrie Preston is coming for that SAG nom.

Topics:

They are coming for the tennis voters…

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

Topics:

They are coming for the tennis voters…

there are SO many HoTD/GoT/Bridgerton/Crown people there I don’t remember Wimbledon being quite so invite-y prior.

I wonder if the Olympics will be the same.

Topics:

there are SO many HoTD/GoT/Bridgerton/Crown people there I don’t remember Wimbledon being quite so invite-y prior.

They’ve always been (last year for example I remember cast members of Ted Lasso and The White Lotus being attendees and they have definitely had people from Bridgerton) but I think because of each of these shows all airing around the same time with little else it just feels that way. I will say I don’t remember the House of the Dragon cast having the press red carpet rolled out for them for season 1 the way they have this time round.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

Topics:

They’ve always been (last year for example I remember cast members of Ted Lasso and The White Lotus being attendees and they have definitely had people from Bridgerton) but I think because of each of these shows all airing around the same time with little else it just feels that way. I will say I don’t remember the House of the Dragon cast having the press red carpet rolled out for them for season 1 the way they have this time round.

I think it’s also a case of so many shows right now having UK based talent on them who can easily locally attend. British actors have always attended but 5-10 years ago there was not nearly the amount of talent now known to American audiences (in part thanks to streaming in part just having so many big shows based/filming there).

Topics:

I think it’s also a case of so many shows right now having UK based talent on them who can easily locally attend. British actors have always attended but 5-10 years ago there was not nearly the amount of talent now known to American audiences (in part thanks to streaming in part just having so many big shows based/filming there).

Oh for sure. But they have also been inviting more Americans (or rather more specifically Hollywood based actors) over the past few years as the tournament’s social media exposure has grown. Even five years ago you’d have seen people who were much bigger household names in the UK being the most famous names to attend as opposed to say Margot Robbie. I do think there is also a case of the number of Hollywood tentpoles filming in the UK (with many of them actually being in close proximity to Wimbledon) having risen rather dramatically over the past few years thanks to the appeal of government tax incentives and that fuelling the profile of the attendees.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

Topics:

The first two episodes of Sunny were really really strong. It’ll probably drag out like most of 10 episodes Apple shows but for now it’s a winner.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Extremely Early 2025 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.