Wiim setup

haydenseymour

Jul 7, 2024
Visit site
I'm new to all this streaming stuff and I'm old so this technology is a little ahead of me.
My setup is:
Ruark Mr1 mk2,
Ruark Sub
WIIM PRO PLUS

My questions are:
I've used the optical cable to connect Wiim to speakers.
Would I gain anything by connecting another way?

What volume should I set the Wiim at as both can be controlled separately?

If using BBC sounds via the Wiim microphone button, how do I reply when it asks me what I want to listen to (as pressing the button on the remote seems to start the process again)?

Can the Wiim control my Ruark RS1s or my Audio pro C3 in anyway?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Revolutions

manicm

Given the specs of the dac in the WiiM pp vs the speakers, connecting via rca should give you a fair boost in quality.

No idea about voice commands, sorry.

I think that would not necessarily be true, in WHF's review I quote:

'There’s plenty of space between instruments in the airy soundstage, giving songs an expansive feel'.

I wouldn't be surprised if the optical input gives better results than the Wiim's internal DAC.

Reactions: haydenseymour

manicm

I'm new to all this streaming stuff and I'm old so this technology is a little ahead of me.
My setup is:
Ruark Mr1 mk2,
Ruark Sub
WIIM PRO PLUS

My questions are:
I've used the optical cable to connect Wiim to speakers.
Would I gain anything by connecting another way?

What volume should I set the Wiim at as both can be controlled separately?

If using BBC sounds via the Wiim microphone button, how do I reply when it asks me what I want to listen to (as pressing the button on the remote seems to start the process again)?

Can the Wiim control my Ruark RS1s or my Audio pro C3 in anyway?

Thanks

If you're using the optical out, then the Wiim should give you the option to disable its volume control and use it as a pure transport. I would however experiment with this - leaving its volume control between 70 and 80% and see how it sounds.

haydenseymour

Jul 7, 2024
Visit site
If you're using the optical out, then the Wiim should give you the option to disable its volume control and use it as a pure transport. I would however experiment with this - leaving its volume control between 70 and 80% and see how it sounds.
I like the option of fixing. One less thing to worry about!

Sound as a Pound

May 8, 2024
Visit site
" BBC sounds via the Wiim microphone button"
I've found that Alexa sometimes gets hung up on the BBC Sounds app on both WiiM and my Echo Show 8. It will go off and pull up the right screen, with channel ident and even the text for the name of the show being aired, but no audio. I've no idea why, but I've found asking her to play BBC News often gets it working again. So if, say, Radio 4 fails to play, I try BBC News instead, and if that works, Radio 4 will normally work on the next attempt.

My suspicion is that it is related to a weak WiFi signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts