Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,139 total conversations in 683 threads

+ New Thread

Intentional Chemical Leak at Furry Convention Injures 19

Last posted Dec 09, 2014 at 06:59PM EST. Added Dec 07, 2014 at 07:36PM EST
23 posts from 20 users

Jeez, that's a bit extreme mega overboard x2. I mean, if you don't like something, it doesn't mean you have the right to harm it.
Not like that mattered to the person setting off the chemicals.
I hope the peeps get better.

It's shit like this that makes me wonder if we'll ever advance beyond prejudiced asses. It's one thing to protest views you disagree with, but it's a whole other level of stupidity to just flat out assault a person for their interest. Reminds me of this shit from October…

Last edited Dec 07, 2014 at 09:36PM EST

There's a point where you need to step back an realize that a bunch of people doing weird shit over the internet is no reason for you to get annoyed

Contemplating the murder of an entire room of people should be that point…but I guess somebody didn't get the memo

There is really nothing that the furry fandom does that's worse than attempting chemical terrorism on real people, so if someone did this just because dem furfigs wouldnt stop posting foxes on their messageboards then they really need to leave their mothers basement and find bigger problem in life to get mad over…and turn themselves into police

What gets me is that I believed people started to care less about Furries. With people finding new reasons to have a hatedom over bronies, homestucks and sonics instead; furries took more of a back seat. But this could mean furry hate is still popular and potentially a lot worse than any other hatedom

Wait. The person hasn't been caught. It might have been that the guy wasn't attacking them for being furries, what this person did is still wrong regardless but people are making claims here that haven't been proven.

It's entirely possible the person responsible is a maniac and wanted to take down lots of people regardless of what they like on the internet, maybe they were targeting furries, hell it could have been a horrible accident (I know it points towards an intentional crime but you never know).

@Spider-byte

Yea, you have a point there. In fact it is probably even more likely that the convention had nothing to do with anything and was only targeted for being a crowd. It's just an oddly specific target that presents at least one potential motive.

Given the random nature of the attack, we can't really think of any other possible motives here, so we may as well harp on the obvious one for the sake of this thread

Last edited Dec 08, 2014 at 05:43AM EST

Contemplating the murder of an entire room of people should be that point…but I guess somebody didn’t get the memo

If the person responsible indeed wanted to kill people, he chose a poor chemical. The article reads that people smelled chlorine. The 19 people that were send to the hospital probably lost conciousness due to inhaling the chlorine. To actually kill the furries the person responsible needed to have the density in the room pretty high for an extended period without people getting worried about the people losing conciousness, a difficult let alone near-impossible feat in a large room. I find it unlikely this was an attempt to kill.

Last edited Dec 08, 2014 at 07:12AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

There's a point where you need to step back an realize that a bunch of people doing weird shit over the internet is no reason for you to get annoyed

Contemplating the murder of an entire room of people should be that point…but I guess somebody didn't get the memo

There is really nothing that the furry fandom does that's worse than attempting chemical terrorism on real people, so if someone did this just because dem furfigs wouldnt stop posting foxes on their messageboards then they really need to leave their mothers basement and find bigger problem in life to get mad over…and turn themselves into police

What gets me is that I believed people started to care less about Furries. With people finding new reasons to have a hatedom over bronies, homestucks and sonics instead; furries took more of a back seat. But this could mean furry hate is still popular and potentially a lot worse than any other hatedom

Bronies and Sonic fans are usually grouped with furries by haters. So, I don't think they ever took a back seat.

Jesus. I really hope those peeps are ok.

I don't think the main reason of the attack was agaisn't furries. I feel it was just the "right" moment to that person to create chaos just for the evulz thanks to having so much people inside there.

I am sorry that i laughed at the guy that said "nope, nothin' wrong here".

@Randomman

What if the person in question did not have much knowledge of biology and chemistry but still knows that chlorine forms a nasty acid when in contact with water?

Last edited Dec 08, 2014 at 03:08PM EST

DCS WORLD wrote:

@Randomman

What if the person in question did not have much knowledge of biology and chemistry but still knows that chlorine forms a nasty acid when in contact with water?

He's a sick mind either way, but it would split up the motive between murder or simply causing (a lot) of trouble without thinking about the possible consequences. It depends on what he gambled on.

Last edited Dec 08, 2014 at 09:26PM EST

DCS WORLD wrote:

@Randomman

You know, that last part made me think. What if the chlorine was sourced from the hotel's pool chemical supplies? I have a friend here locally who keeps care of his hotel's pool. They use chlorine tablets I'm pretty sure. Just a thought anyways. I bet they would have video cameras on that stuff and it would be easy to check out.

It's kind of creepy, but I remember a conversation a while back--don't remember if it was on 4chan or a forum--about the best way to kill an auditorium full of people and the consensus was locking the doors and dumping chlorine into a bucket of water in the janitor's closet.

RandomMan said:

If the person responsible indeed wanted to kill people, he chose a poor chemical.

Chlorine gas is actually a very good killer. Just ask British Lance Sergeant Elmer Cotton, who was in the Second Battle of Ypres:

It produces a flooding of the lungs – it is an equivalent death to drowning only on dry land. The effects are these – a splitting headache and terrific thirst (to drink water is instant death), a knife edge of pain in the lungs and the coughing up of a greenish froth off the stomach and the lungs, ending finally in insensibility and death. The colour of the skin from white turns a greenish black and yellow, the colour protrudes and the eyes assume a glassy stare. It is a fiendish death to die

At 30 ppm, it causes lung damage and at 60 ppm, it can be fatal. It's good it wasn't done near a pool or something and people knew something fishy was going on.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!