Dataform Roadmap

Hi!

I am interested in learning more about the active evangelists for dataform Could you provide me with information on who they are and how they contribute to the community?

Additionally, I would appreciate an overview of the product roadmap. Understanding the future development and features will help me determine if I should invest in implementing this tool.

Solved Solved
0 1 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dogvile,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Google Cloud Dataform is a powerful tool for managing data pipelines, especially within the Google Cloud ecosystem. It enables Data Engineers/Analysts to collaborate on the same repository with the integration of GitHub and GitLab, it also helps to build scalable data pipelines in BigQuery using SQL and keep tables updated without managing infrastructure.

Here are some of the strengths and features of Dataform:

• Git-based version control: This is a huge win for data teams used to software development best practices. It enables easy collaboration, rollback capabilities, and a clear history of changes.
  • SQL-first approach: Dataform leverages the familiarity and power of SQL, making it accessible for data analysts and engineers alike.
  • Modular and reusable code: Data pipelines can be broken down into reusable components ("packages"), enhancing maintainability and reducing redundancy.
  • Strong testing framework: Built-in testing features ensure data quality and pipeline reliability. You can define unit tests for individual SQL transformations and integration tests for your entire pipeline.
  • CI/CD Integration: Seamless integration with tools like Cloud Build enables automated testing and deployment of your data pipelines.
  • Tight integration with Google Cloud: Dataform is specifically designed for the Google Cloud ecosystem, with native integrations for BigQuery, Cloud Storage, and other services.

You can check these articles that discuss the strengths and capabilities in implementing Google Cloud Dataform in your Cloud environment.

Also, feel free to visit the Dataform release notes to keep you updated for the features, bug fixes, known issues, deprecated functionality and new upgrades.

I hope the above information is helpful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @dogvile,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Google Cloud Dataform is a powerful tool for managing data pipelines, especially within the Google Cloud ecosystem. It enables Data Engineers/Analysts to collaborate on the same repository with the integration of GitHub and GitLab, it also helps to build scalable data pipelines in BigQuery using SQL and keep tables updated without managing infrastructure.

Here are some of the strengths and features of Dataform:

• Git-based version control: This is a huge win for data teams used to software development best practices. It enables easy collaboration, rollback capabilities, and a clear history of changes.
  • SQL-first approach: Dataform leverages the familiarity and power of SQL, making it accessible for data analysts and engineers alike.
  • Modular and reusable code: Data pipelines can be broken down into reusable components ("packages"), enhancing maintainability and reducing redundancy.
  • Strong testing framework: Built-in testing features ensure data quality and pipeline reliability. You can define unit tests for individual SQL transformations and integration tests for your entire pipeline.
  • CI/CD Integration: Seamless integration with tools like Cloud Build enables automated testing and deployment of your data pipelines.
  • Tight integration with Google Cloud: Dataform is specifically designed for the Google Cloud ecosystem, with native integrations for BigQuery, Cloud Storage, and other services.

You can check these articles that discuss the strengths and capabilities in implementing Google Cloud Dataform in your Cloud environment.

Also, feel free to visit the Dataform release notes to keep you updated for the features, bug fixes, known issues, deprecated functionality and new upgrades.

I hope the above information is helpful.